Sunday, February 20, 2005

Toe up Twists & Checks

Finally! This is my first toe up sock!!

It is for my dad. He has 12 inch long feet. He picked this cabernet colored skein of Opal yarn. I was worried I wouldn't have enough yarn left over for the second sock so I took it to the LYS to split the skein. We used a yardage meter (sucked on the fingering weight yarn) then weighed it on the scale. I also (obviously) chose to make the heel in a contrasting dark grey color.

I used a pattern out of the sock book Cool Socks Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby to start at the toes and add back in the turkish heel.

I knit the foot, heel, and leg using the two circular method from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles: a Manual of Elegant Knitting Techniques and Patterns by Cat Bordhi.

I used a rib pattern called Twists & Checks from page 60 of the Summer 2004 issue of Interweave Knits. It was called the Anniversary Pullover by Kathy Zimmerman. Posted by Picasa

No comments: