Thursday, March 09, 2006

Today is the day ...

of lots of snow on the ground when we woke up. Notice my daffodils in the left foreground? They are blooming and dying in the snow. The vivid pink and yellow primroses are no where to be found. They were so lovely and promising. Now they are virtually erased. Rats!





Meet *Snowy*. He came for a short visit but melted away as soon as he could escape the madness at our house. Notice the cute orange nose? Melissa was sure it was important that a 2 foot snowman have one!

Noah had a blast making snowballs to toss around the yard.

It is DONE!! Here is a picture of the front (L) and the back (R). It was a perfect day to sit curled up on the sofa to finish my Knitting Olympics project. I used a generic tank top pattern and modified it with the cable panel of my owndesign (though I picked the elements out from Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns). I added a small section of the cable panel to the back of the tank to provide detail and make the tank a bit more fitted.

Here is your intrepid knitter wearing her creation. Michele down at my LYS took this picture of me. It was one of the only pictures without me doing my interprtation of the Wilson Family Slow Blink. You know the look. The one that makes me appear totally droopy eyed and stoned.

Happy, happy, happy day!

No comments: