Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hand Paint Yarn

On Saturday we went to visit our friends the H-Ds. They live about an hours drive away from us. Andy and the kids brought rockets and the trebuchet. I brought Cascade 220 natural yarn and a few dyes. The dads and kids went outside on the property to launch things. The moms stayed inside to dye yarn and tyedye clothing. We had so much fun chatting that the dyeing started rather late. No clothes were dyed but yarns were.

I dyed two skeins in each colorway for each child. I hope to knit a hat and mittens from each colorway.



Here is the pink and purple yarn for Melissa. She LOVES her pinks and purples.

Here is Luka's blue and green. I think this will make a merry little hat and mittens for him.
Here is Noah's camo in green and buff. He has become quite enamored of camo. I swear he wears his camp pant almost non-stop. I may have to get another pair for him so we can wash the pair closest to the state of standing up in the corner on their own.



At some later point in the evening the kids came in to watch. the H-D boys and Noah took a turn at hand painting yarn too. This is Noah's skein and wound ball of hand paint yarn. I think it looks dreamy and soft and yummy to knit.

We are trying to figure out what he wants to knit it up into. Maybe he'll give it as a gift to someone?

No comments: