Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Spanish Shawl

This lovely and fluffy shawl is called the Spanish Shawl because I sent it to Gonzalo's mother in Madrid, Spain. She graciously lent us her younger son for a time in the summer of 2004. He came to us through the International Summerstays program. He told me the winter mornings were very chilly in Madrid and he thought she would appreciate this gift.

While Gonzalo was visiting us I participated in a travelling yarn box exchange. You get a box full of yummy discards from other people and take out what you want. You then replace it with yummy yarn discards from your own stash then forward the box to the next person on the list. I think I was the second person on the list. I had the box for 3 weeks. I don't think it has made the complete rounds through the list yet. It may even be MIA. Posted by Picasa

No comments: