Monday, February 13, 2006

Knitting Olympics


Well I DID finish the hot water bottle cover but it isn't my Olympic Knitting project. I am an Olympic Knitter from TeamUSA :

and part of Team *Hey, We're Drinking Here!* (always an alternative to admitting I have no idea what I am doing):


as well as Team *What Was I Thinking?!*:


After finishing the HWB cover last night I finally cast on my tank top and knit 1.5 rows to discover I got my 1x1 ribbing wrong (then wrong again so it is back to right by the end of the round) in the first row. I had to unknit then reknit each stitch on row 1 so I could then make my second row stitch for over half of the top. ARGH! What a dope! I probably should have pulled the whole thing out but I had successfully cast on and marked over 200 stitches and wasn’t about to re-do all of that.

So the score for me is: Day 4 and I have cast on and knit 2 rows of 1x1 ribbing.

In my favor is the fact that I still had to knit my swatch *and* make alterations to the basic tank pattern, and also re-write the cabling for in the round.

Did I mention I don’t actually have TV reception/cable/satellite so I can not watch the Olympics at all? Weep for me. I need to go to the library to get a book on tape or hook up the MP3 player to the stereo to listen to Homer’s The Iliad and The Odyssey. That should count for Olympic Knitting fare!

No comments: